Applied Mindfulness Practice Group
Next practice group begins: TBA
Group Facilitator: Maria Kahn
Participation in a mindfulness process group can provide important benefits,
either by itself or in combination with individual therapy
A sustainable mindfulness practice requires intention, commitment, practice and guidance. Learning to step back, inquire and examine how we automatically process what is actually happening in the present moment,
we can make discoveries, gain insight and obtain freedom from our self-sustaining suffering–even find
new ways to enjoy moments of peace and joy.
By participating in this group, you will learn advanced mindfulness strategies and techniques to:
●cultivate your mindfulness practice in everyday living
●identify and interrupt patterns of everyday suffering
●manage stress and cultivate inner balance and peace
●re-discover and enjoy moments of peace and joy.
Some of the benefits of participating in a process group include:
• Connect with and support others in the practice
• Improve relationship skills and communication with others
• Improve self-esteem and confidence
• Process and express emotions in a more direct and effective way
• Discover habitual thinking patterns that don't serve you
• Experience relief from depression and anxiety
• Reduce negative self-talk and self-blame
• Weave mindfulness into everyday life
The meetings will include a period of guided meditation, group discussion and instruction in applied mindfulness practice and inquiry exercises which are extremely helpful in managing stress.
If you are interested in joining a process group, please email Maria
firstname.lastname@example.org or register here.